Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ninjawords.com

One of my students recently introduced me to this website, ninjawords.com.  I was introduced to this website during a discussion about vocabulary homework.  I give my students vocabulary homework at the beginning of each unit of study.  I have them define the words, using their textbook or the internet as their main resources, and then the following evening I have them write sentences using the words they defined the night before to show me that they truly understand its meaning.
I noticed that a bunch of my students did not fill in the definition for "urinary system" on their recent homework and when I asked them about it a few of them said that they could not find an exact definition for it.  I was explaining to them that I did not think this was acceptable and they should have been able to find a definition.
One of my students told me about this website ninjawords.com where you can get the definitions of more than one word at the same time.  IN this way I now know that my students will not leave a phrase such as "urinary system" blank again.

You should check out the website!

 Ninja Words

No comments:

Post a Comment